- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Six 8-ounce Cobia fillets, about ½ inch thick (or other firm, flaky white fish, such as redfish or black drum)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 recipe meunière butter
- 3 lemons, cut into wedges
Preheat an outdoor gas or charcoal grill.
In a medium sauté pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the crabmeat and season with salt and pepper. Stir very gently and sauté for 4 minutes, or until heated through. Set aside while grilling the fish.
Brush the fish fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the fish for 3 minutes on each side, taking care not to overcook. Remove from the grill.
Immediately place the Cobia fillets in the centers of 6 dinner plates. If the crabmeat has become cold, flash-heat it over high heat and equally divide it atop the 6 fish fillets. Drizzle meunière butter atop each dish and garnish with lemon wedges. Serve at once.
Note: If you are using an alternate type of fish you may have to adjust the cooking time.